The Holy Trinity plague column has dominated the square since the beginning of the 18th century. It was created by the sculptor Dionysos Stanetti in thanksgiving for ending of a plague in 1710 – 1711. Shortly after it had been erected, problems with a surface slip occurred. It is assumed that during its existence the column has moved from its original position for unbelievable 450 cm. This is due to the fact that an originally simple plague column was later embellished with heavy ornaments. The pedestal features sculptures of seven saints, protectors of the town against a plague and patrons of miners. The shift of the column was caused also by the fact that an original tributary of the Štiavnica (Schemnitz) stream, with a river basin where the Holy Trinity Column is situated now, was put underground due to mining works. According to archive materials the column was most active between the years 1871 and 1893 in spring months with frequent heavy rainfalls. In these years it moved for 180 cm. In 1974 an extensive reconstruction took place, the surface was stabilized and the column moves only for 0,01 mm annually. It is 1cm in 100 years.